Thursday, May 10, 2012

Radical New Music



If you know me, you know that I like "old" music, especially the Baroque kind.

I don't often find much interest in contemporary musicians. I guess that one factor is that I see them performing the same songs in the same way, so it can be hard to notice.

Then a friend sent me a link about a video of The Piano Guys and I was blown away by the celloist. I listened to their music and I became an instant fan.

I think that the piece that really highlights my fascination is this one.





I have no deep knowledge of music, mind you, but I am not ignoramus either. I saw someone play the cello like I never saw it played before. It was not only enjoyable to listen to, but even addictive. Steven Sharp Nelson is bringing his instrument to a whole new level and may even spark a new wave of innovative sounds coming from instruments we would have never expected.

If you happen to know more sound like this, please please please give me the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment