Friday, October 12, 2007

Non-Workaholics need not apply

I'm sorry for not blogging a lot. My life has been quite busy.

Its great to be in charge of a critical piece of integration + customization software. Its good experience, and it makes a meaningful bullet on your resume.

But, there are downsides to it, such as the fact that you can't afford to not deliver.

There are some good, non-work, news too!



So, last week, I came in Saturday, and I worked 12 hours during a national holiday (Gandhi's birthday). Yay :'(
This week has been intense too. I have daily conference call with the on-site designer to get things clarified. I've also been mandated with writing the design addendum and cook up a test plan if I have the time for it. For the record, there is not a line in the test plan yet ;)
Also, I'll have two guys working with me on implementing some of the features. This is nice experience. I just have to fight very hard for keeping a personal life, otherwise this company would be sucking my soul right out of me!
On other work news, I've been pulling strings to get my allocation to Andheri in a canadian project. This will be great. I'll be able to bike to work in the morning.
Yes, because I bought a bicycle. 2550 rupees (<70$). I managed to destroy the front wheel on the way home back from the store. The roads are bad. I'll have to be more careful. I'm starting to think I should've paid 5k for the mountain bike (with shocks) instead. Its repaired now, I have to fetch it from the store. I'll upload a picture as soon as I can.
We had an invitation service at church 2 weeks back. I prayed for the room to be packed and it was! I was so fired up about that! There has been some Bible studies that arose from it. I'm praying for this. Please join me in prayer too.
There is a nice garden down the street too, so I prayed with a brother in the morning there this week. It is very peaceful.
There is a festival starting today, called Gherba (or something similar). Its a dancing festival. People in Gujarat can dance nearly all night for 9 days! I'll try to see some of that if I can find the time.
I keep on learning a little bit of Hindi. The course organized by the company will not go far enough. I should've signed up for a class at some college instead. Anyway, I picked a little 'teach yourself' book and I'm trying to learn the script. Lets just say that they made sure to make it hard for foreigners to learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment