Saturday, January 14, 2006

Vivaldi

I finally took the time to listen to the CD I was given by my uncle.

We are talking about The Baroque Experience, Volume 1, by the Academy of Ancient Music, directed by Christopher Hogwood.

It includes works of Vivaldi:
. The Four Seasons
. Concerto for Flute & Strings No. 2
. Concerto for Strings in G Minor, RV 153
. Concerto in G Major 'Alla Rustica', RV 151
. Concerto for Four Violins and Cello, Op. 3, No 10

Only the first was an original digital recording, the rest came from the analog world.

You can read more below.

My summary review: OOoooooooooooooh yeah, baby.

The Four Seasons
I particularly liked the Spring, 3rd mouvement (Allegro) ; Summer, 1st movement (Allegro non molto) ; Winter, 1st movement (Allegro non molto) and 3rd movement (Allegro). I need to re-listen to it to double-check ;)
There was also the final concerto that I enjoyed.
I had some shivers of pleasure while listening it.
Added on Feb 15:
Wikipedia has a decent recording of the Four Seasons, even though not as strong as what is on the CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment